Monday, May 2, 2011

Bamboo canopy

The bamboo canopy my fiance made! It only cost $35 bucks for everything, minus the ribbon. That is because the ribbon was sent to us from family and friends. My sister-in-law, Jenny came up with the idea. And seriously, I love all of the ribbon so much. Especially how some of it is from family and friends who can't make it to the wedding. It's so sentimental.

Sean used cement to hold the bamboo in the pots because we may use this canopy inside or outside. Also, it's can break down a bit to be portable too.

All of the ribbon from family and friends. Our aunt Leslie sewed loops on one end of the ribbon after we cut them all about 9.5 ft long, because I wanted them to puddle. All the widths and colors are pretty different that I got in the mail, but looking at them all on the bamboo, they look like they were all made to go together. :-)


This DIY book is amazing. Khris has three of them, but I could only afford the first one to own.
The bamboo canopy was from here! We just changed the directions around a bit and made it our own. Love it. Her blog is a "must see." I check it daily, DIYbride.com

No comments:

Post a Comment